State and local governments have designated Self Storage as an essential business. Shield Storage is committed to supporting our customers and community and, therefore, will remain open with modified processes for added safety.
To protect our customers and staff, we have made the following changes to our rental and customer service processes.
When Renting a storage space:
- If you are renting a storage space, we recommend utilizing our contact-free rental process through this website or by calling your facility. The rental paperwork and payment can be done electronically. If you need assistance, our store managers can provide that assistance over the phone. If you are unable to process your rental online, you can complete the transaction with our staff over the phone.
- If you need a lock for your new storage space, we will leave a lock in its sanitized packaging, inside of your storage space. You will find it when you open the door to store your belongings.
- If you would like to purchase boxes or other moving supplies, you can do so over the phone. You can elect to have them placed in your storage space or made available at the rental office for a no-contact pick up.
- If you visit one of our locations to rent a storage space, please call the office for instructions. The office phone number can be found on each locations’ respective page on our website.
- Our offices are staffed during business hours; however, the doors are locked to practice social distancing guidelines. If you are unable to process your rental online, you can complete the transaction with our staff over the phone.
When Seeking Help or Customer Service:
- We recommend making payments through the payment page of our website (my.shieldstorage.com) or by calling your facility. Phone payment charges have been waived. Payments by cash or check are drop-off only via the drop box or mail slot located near the office entrance.
- Moving supplies, boxes, tape, etc., can be purchased over the phone. You can elect to have the merchandise placed in your storage space or made available at the rental office for a no-contact pick up.
- For everyone’s protection, high touch areas are cleaned multiple times daily.
- We follow social distancing guidelines.
We are closely monitoring the developments related to COVID-19 and are committed to taking measures to prevent its spread. We continue to implement preventative measures across our locations to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff.