All About Business Storage
What is Business Storage?
- Business storage is utilized for those in many different industries who utilize storage for business purposes.
- Self storage can be utilized for many purposes to help a small or large business meet their storage needs.
- Though the uses for business storage may vary, the goals are typically the same – saving time and money.
How Does Business Storage Provide a Better Storage Solution?
- Self storage can help accomplish both business storage goals by providing convenient storage locations that provide easy access at a reasonable cost.
- You can save hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars every year by utilizing self storage to meet your business storage needs.
- Business storage helps alleviate stress by:
- Providing a cost-effective storage solution
- Central location for convenient access
- Giving you back more office space
- Providing flexibility with month-to-month contracts
Why Choose Business Storage?
Business storage is a cost-effective solution for your documents, inventory, parts, or equipment.
When compared to commercial space, renting a storage unit can save you thousands of dollars per month.
Our Shield Storage locations are conveniently located to provide our customers with easy, convenient access.
Most of our storage facilities offer drive-up storage units that provide an easy and convenient way for you to load and unload your business items. This is especially convenient for businesses that need to store furniture or vehicles.
Month-to-month agreements provide a convenient, flexible option for your business. Many commercial spaces force you to sign a lease which will lock you into a space for an extended period.
Inventory or document storage: Many storage solutions provide multiple options for you to consider for your business. From smaller 5×10 units that are perfect for document storage to 10×10 units that can house your inventory, the variety allows you to choose what will fit your business’s needs the best.
Vehicle Storage: Larger storage units and outdoor parking spaces provide a better storage solution for your work truck, trailers, or large equipment.
Parts, Inventory, and other business needs: With so many size options available, you can choose a storage unit that will fit your businesses needs no matter how big or small. If storing parts, inventory, or furniture our facilities have a storage unit that is just the right fit.
We understand that security is a priority for business owners. You want to do the most we can to ensure your business items are safe and secure while storing with us at Shield Storage.
If you have questions about the security features available at the Shield Storage near you, contact us today.
Though the security features at our facilities may vary, the typical security features you will find at Shield Storage locations include:
- Digital Surveillance System
- Fully Enclosed and Gated
- Protection Plans for Stored Property Available
- Gate Access with Personal Access Code
Who Needs Business Storage?
Why? Business professionals from many different industries utilize self storage for their business needs. Doctors and lawyers are typically required to keep patient and client records for an extended period (which can vary by state). Any business is required to keep their financial statements and tax records for at least 7 years. Keeping these records can take up quite a bit of space which is why these professionals use self storage for their business storage needs.
What types of things do business professionals use storage for:
- Client/Patient Records
- Financial Documents
- Unused office equipment
Types of Professionals who utilize Self Storage for business storage:
- Financial Institutions
Restaurants utilize storage for many purposes. Not only do they keep their financial records in storage, but they can also utilize self storage to:
- Store furniture from the dining room
- Decorations for special events and occasions
- Extra items such as:
- Employee uniforms
Are you a plumber, pool service technician, or even a handyman? These tradesmen, along with many others, utilize self storage to help support their business.
Self storage provides these individuals with a place to keep tools, parts, and other inventory that they need to have on hand for the jobs they do.
Ecommerce has become extremely popular in recent years. To be successful, however, you must keep inventory stocked and ready to be shipped.
Your customers don’t want to wait for extended periods for the pieces they’ve purchased.
To make this possible, you can use a self storage unit to keep inventory, so you are stocked and ready to go when your orders come in!
Small manufacturers can utilize self storage to store inventory especially during large projects.
While completing production, having the available space to store the inventory you are creating can become a problem.
Self storage provides a place for you to store completed projects until they’re ready to be shipped.
Small business owners in many different industries win with self storage!
Today, many small business owners work from home and are using their extra space in their garages, basements, and other spaces for their business storage.
Whether you are looking for more storage space for documents, supplies or equipment, using self storage provides the small business owner with a cost-effective, convenient storage solution.
Real estate agents can often be found with an office full of signs, flyers, and other items that begin to pile up.
Though they need to have these things accessible, they clutter an office quickly. What better place to keep your signs, flyers, supplies, and old documentation than in a self storage unit.
Utilizing self storage can help you stay organized and keep your office looking professional and ready to welcome in your next client.
Staging homes that are for sale is a true art. These businesses need a place to keep the furniture they use to stage homes that would otherwise be empty.
Self storage provides the flexibility these companies need as they move furniture in and out of homes.
Each home needs a separate look and feel so it is common for these business owners to have multiple storage units to allow them to provide their clients with the options they need to get the right look and feel for the home being sold
Features & Amenities to Consider
- Location is one of the top priorities for business owners when looking for a storage unit.
- Finding a location that fits your needs will make your life easier no matter the business you in.
- Find your most convenient Shield Storage location today!
- Finding a storage location that is clean and kept in good condition is important especially when you are storing your business inventory, documents, or work truck.
- No one wants to keep their inventory, projects, or work vehicles in a dirty unit. At Shield Storage, we make cleanliness a priority as well as the upkeep of the property.
- When you reserve a self storage unit with us, you can expect to get the best!
- Climate controlled units are available at some Shield Storage properties.
- If you are looking for a storage unit with climate controlled units, visit the help center to find a location that will meet these business storage needs
- Accessing your storage unit with ease is important when looking for a better business storage solution.
- Many of our locations offer drive up storage units to make loading and unloading as easy as possible.
- Other locations, offer dollies and carts to help making moving your things easier if your unit is inside.
- At Shield Storage we know that business owners need to be able to access their stored items outside of typical “working hours”.
- Therefore, we offer extended access hours at most of our locations.
- To learn more about the access hours of a Shield Storage location nearby, contact us today.
Vehicle Storage Options
- Did you know you can store your work vehicle at a self storage location?
- Many offer parking spaces while others have large enough storage units available that you can store your work truck inside a storage unit during off hours. This can provide an extra level of security and peace of mind for a business owner.
- Self storage provides a secure place to store inventory, projects, furniture, supplies, vehicles, tools and many other business related items.
- Instead of keeping your things in your home, your office or at the restaurant, storing with Shield Storage can provide a secure option that also gives you back much needed space.
- Most of our Shield Storage locations offer moving supplies and packing materials for you to purchase if needed.
- Some locations also offer dollies and carts for customers to use to make loading and unloading their storage unit more convenient.
- Did you know that you can rent a moving truck from some of the Shield Storage locations?
- That’s right! If you need some assistance moving and are looking for a truck, contact your Shield Storage location today to find out if truck rental services are available.
Business Storage FAQs
No. Though you can use a storage unit to meet many of your business needs, you cannot use it as an office due to safety concerns.
Technically, yes. Depending on the business you can use a storage unit to “run your business” especially if you are in ecommerce. However, you cannot use a storage unit as a shop or office.
Some storage locations will accept deliveries for customers. Please contact us today to inquire about the specifics of the Shield Storage location near you to be sure they can accommodate this request.
Yes. Having a business storage unit is considered an expense for doing business. For further information, please contact your tax professional.
No. You may not use a storage unit as a shop to perform vehicle maintenance. Due to the chemicals and fumes this goes against the agreement signed by customers
Yes. If you have multiple businesses and desire to share the space with your own entities, please feel free to do so.