- Finding a location for a storage unit nearby allows you the convenience of accessing your stored property without a long drive.
- For some, convenience means quick access to a highway or having a location at a mid-point between work and home.
There are a number of different factors when considering the cost of a storage unit. Pricing can be impacted by variables such as:
- Location at the facility
- Location of the facility (city)
- Security features
- Climate Control
- With 5 x 5 storage units starting for as little as$42/month in some areas, Shield Storage is committed to providing affordable storage solutions in your area. See our locations now for more information about pricing near you.
- Our Shield Storage locations offer a variety of other storage options to fit your self storage needs. Pricing for specialty storage spaces such as vehicle, RV and boat parking also vary per location but can be found for as little $59/month.
Types of Storage
- Drive-up self storage units are storage units located with an outside entrance which allows for convenient, drive-up access.
- Drive-up self storage units allow you the convenience of accessing your stored property with ease avoiding the hassle of carts and dollies.
You can store items such as (but not limited to):
- Business Documents
- Climate controlled self storage Units are units which are typically located inside a self storage facility with their internal temperature regulated to a designated temperature.
- Climate controlled units are beneficial to those storing items that could be damaged if the temperature is not maintained. Some of those items could include, but are not limited to, wine, electronics, or art work.
- For our customers in Millbrae, CA we suggest you store your wine collection in one of our 1x1 climate controlled self storage units.
- We also suggest that if you will be storing items such as electronics for an extended period of time during a move that you should store those items in a climate controlled self storage unit.
- Also, if you have any items that are made of solid wood and live in a climate that may have a higher amount of moisture in the air, storing these items in a climate controlled self storage unit will help prevent or reduce the amount of moisture that the wood is exposed to keeping the wood from warping.
You can find Shield Storage self storage units that are climate controlled at the following locations:
- Advanced Mini Storage II – Stockton, CA
- Shield Storage – Kansas City, MO
- Storage Boxx – Las Vegas, NV
- Southern Highlands Self Storage – Las Vegas, NV
- Storage Boxx of Southern Highlands – Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage – Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage (4430 Simmons St.) – North Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage (4680 W Craig Rd.) - North Las Vegas, NV
- About Space – Spokane, WA
- Shield Storage – Vancouver, WA
- Air controlled self storage units are units that have pushed air flow into the storage unit. This process differs from climate controlled because there is no set control for the temperature of the air being pushed into the storage unit.
- Air controlled storage units provide a more stable environment for your more sensitive items that may be damaged by the heat.
- Musical instruments
- Vehicle storage is an asset to many, especially in areas where there is not enough space to park extra vehicles, boats, or an RV on your property. In most areas, this would be a violation of your residential HOA (Home Owners Association). Thus, at Shield Storage, we provide covered and uncovered vehicle storage and parking spaces at several our locations nationwide.
- Covered vehicle storage includes all spaces that are covered by an awning of some kind to protect your vehicle from sun damage.
- Uncovered vehicle storage includes all spaces that do not have any type of covering provided. These are optimal for larger vehicles such as large boats, RVs, and trailers.
- You can also store your vehicle in some of the larger units that can be found at some of our locations.
- Shield Storage – Sonora, CA
- Shield Storage of Sonora – Sonora, CA
- Garden Hwy Self Storage – Yuba City, CA
- A Better Storage Solution – Post Falls, ID
- 528 Armor Storage – Bernalillo, NM
- Northern BLVD Storage – Rio Rancho, NM
- STORAGEBOXX of Southern Highlands – Las Vegas NV
- Southern Highlands Self Storage – Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage (Jones Rd.) - Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage (Simmons St.) - North Las Vegas, NV
- Shield Storage (W. Craig Rd.) - North Las Vegas, NV
- Lockwood Landing Self Storage – Sparks, NV
- Desert Highlands Mini Storage – Sparks, NV
- Vista Park Self Storage – Sparks, NV
- Sun Valley Stor It – Sun Valley, NV
Requirements for Reserving a Storage Unit
- All customers must be at least 18 years old to rent a self-storage unit at any of our Shield Storage locations.
- Upon renting your storage unit, you will be required to sign an agreement for your storage unit which states you understand the rules and liabilities of utilizing a self storage unit. Due to this, we are not permitted to rent a storage unit to anyone under the age of 18.
You will be required to present one of the following forms of documentation upon leasing a self storage unit:
- Driver's license
- State ID
- Military ID
- Insurance or protection policies provide you coverage in case of a flood, fire, or other unforeseen event.
- Yes, since you are responsible for your property when it is stored at our facility, an insurance plan or one of our Protection Plans offer you a layer of protection to ensure that any losses are covered up to the amount of coverage listed in your policy.
Why am I required to have insurance coverage or a protection policy when storing with Shield Storage?
- The storage facility is not responsible for any loss or damage to your property. You “store at your own risk”.
- All storage rentals are month-to-month.
- You are liable for any items stored in your storage unit. Contact one of our locations for more information about the Protection Plans we offer our customers.
- All agreements are month-to-month, so you can cancel your agreement and vacate when you decide. There are no long-term contracts.
- All customers must provide notice to vacate prior to the end of the month of the current month. If your account is charged due to the failure to notify the store manager that you are vacating your unit, no refunds will be assessed.
Reserving and Renting Your Storage Unit
- Online reservations allow you to reserve a storage unit or space any time of day that is convenient for you. This process also allows you to complete the registration process in a contactless environment.
- Find a Shield Storage location on our website near you and choose a storage unit directly from the website to reserve.
- You can reserve any available storage unit online free of charge, risk free. This means that if something occurs and you have to cancel your reservation, you can do so without being financially liable.
- Phone reservations allow you the opportunity to speak with one of our team members who are ready and willing to answer any questions you may have while reserving your storage unit.
- Call your local Shield Storage unit today to reserve your self storage unit. Yes! It's that simple!
- Taking the time to stop into one of our stores allows you the opportunity to tour the facility and see the unit you are renting prior to making your reservation.
- Going into the store will allow you the opportunity to be sure the unit is large enough to fit your needs as well as provide you the time to ask any questions you may have.
Managing Your Storage Unit
- You can find a list of helpful storage tips here
- Many of our locations have many options available to help our customers with their storage experience. Please contact your nearest Shield Storage to learn more about the cost of these items when applicable.
- Many of our locations have dollies available for customers to utilize free of charge to get your items from your vehicle to your indoor self storage unit.
- Most Shield Storage locations have boxes available for purchase in the store office. Boxes make storing your personal belongings much easier and allows you to get more out of your storage space.
- Tape can be found in the store office for purchase to help you pack and prepare your items for storage.
- Other packing materials may be available for purchase at your local Shield Storage location. Items available may vary, so please be sure to inquire about your closest store’s availability.
- It is important that you lock your self storage unit at all times. You must provide your own lock for your unit.
- If you need a strong lock for your self storage unit, you can purchase a lock to use at any Shield Storage location.
- When you lease your storage unit, you will be provided an Access Code for you to enter prior to entering the property.
- Your access code is specific to you and your unit and should not be given out or shared with anyone.
- You can access your storage unit during access hours by using the personal access code that you are provided to enter the property.
- Each of our Shield Storage locations offer easy payment options to help you ensure you are paying your storage bill on time and stress-free.
- You can submit your payments either:
- By Mail
- By Phone
- Provide the onsite management with your notice to vacate per your contract agreement.
- If you have specific questions, be sure to speak with the store manager at the location you are storing at.
- Yes, please clean your unit out completely. Make sure that there are no items or trash left in your storage unit.
- No. Please remove your lock from the unit completely and leave the storage unit door open.
- Be sure to take your lock with you when you go!
Special Promotions and Offers
- We offer different specials and promotions at our Shield Storage locations throughout the year.
- For details, please contact a Shield Storage location near you to learn more about the discounts and promotions being offered at this time.
- As a company, we appreciate the commitment our Active-Duty Military members and their families have made to our country. To honor you, we offer a monthly discount when you present a valid military ID card.
- Many utilize self storage during times of uncertainty, stress, and un-expected change. We understand that the last thing you want to worry about is the cost of a storage unit to help you during these times. Thus, we provide monthly promotions at many of our locations.
- Monthly promotions do vary, so be sure to contact your nearest Shield Storage location to learn more.